Tuesday, July 12

Introduction

Woohoo!  My first blog and I'm excited about it.  Well, I'm Jerry Nathan and I am new to the NW and Portland!  It has been awesome meeting people, eating at new restaurants, and exploring what the city has to offer.  I moved to Portland after teaching English for 5 years in Seoul, South Korea.  The experience was fantastic.  I met a ton of new friends, visited cities and beaches, and had a fun time.  Now, I'm ready to take the next step in my teaching career and study to become a certified teacher in America!  Physical Education is definitely the right subject for me.  I love playing all sports, whether its an individual or team sport.  I like to stay active!  If you want to go surfing, snowboarding, frisbee golfing, hiking, or anything, ask me!  I love all food especially sushi and steak.  But, my favorite restaurant and meal is in Seoul, its 소갈비.  Ask me what it is!  If I could, I'd have a couple of dogs and cats.  If you have any questions about me, don't be afraid to ask!  I'd have to say that right now my favorite animal is the blue whale.  I think its amazing because its soooooo big.  They can get to 30m in length!  Whoa.

3 comments:

  1. Just going to put it out there... we live in the NW, not the NE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice observation Tim.

    I'm actually curious if you've actually eaten cat and dog, Jerry. I was in Vietnam in the wrong half of the month to have any dog, and I've always been curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tim.
    Actually, I have never eaten dog or cat. In Korea dog soup is a popular cuisine. There was a dog soup restaurant 100 feet from my school, but I never ate there. I guess, I was never interested in eating it. It wasn't that I was afraid of eating dog, I just didn't have an interest. I did eat raw horse, whale, and beef, bugs, live octopus, intestines, crickets, loads of squid, and a lot of crazy foods in China.

    ReplyDelete